A coplanar waveguide (CPW)-fed ultra-wideband stair-case monopole antenna with a frequency-notch characteristic is presented. The proposed antenna consists of a planar four-step staircase rectangular monopole with a ground short-circuited stub, open stubs at the ground part, and two-step impedance transformer at the CPW-fed line. The impedance bandwidth is increased due to an offset feeding technique and one-side ground notch. The notched frequency bund can be accomplished by means of the method that involves adding open stubs at the ground. The measured results are in good agreement with the simulated ones.
- Band-notched UWB antennas
- UWB antenna: monopole antenna
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering