We describe a simple technique for video-assisted thoracoscopic plication in patients with diaphragmatic eventration. During the plication, which is performed with a continuous running suture, a surgical assistant maintains the continuous suture traction using a homemade hook through the port. The technique can be performed easily, without any kind of thoracotomy.
- Diaphragmatic eventration
- Thoracic surgery, video assisted
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Pulmonary and Respiratory Medicine
- Critical Care and Intensive Care Medicine
- Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine