A single-feed circularly polarized (CP) microstrip antenna using asymmetric ring-sector two-pair slots embedded on the ground plane is proposed. Asymmetric ring-sector two-pair slots on the ground plane can easily increase the antenna gain 2.8 dBi (5.0 dBi versus 2.2 dBi) higher than that of the same substrate material, operating frequency, and radiating patch shape of a conventional microstrip with slotted ring segment on the patch. Antenna gain and CP performance can be adjusted the ring-sector slot size. Details of the antenna design are described, and obtained performances are presented and analyzed.
- Circularly polarized antenna
- Gain enhancement technique
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering