The effects of the magnetic property variation on current-induced magnetization switching in magnetic tunnel junction with perpendicular magnetic anistoropy (PMA) and the soft magnetic polarization-enhancement layers (PELs) inserted between the layers with PMA and the MgO layer was studied. A micromatnetic model was used to estimate the switching time of the free layer by different applied current densities, with changing saturation magnetization (Ms) of the PELs, interlayer exchange coupling between PMA layers and PELs. The switching time could be significantly reduced at low current densities, by increasing Ms of PELs and decreasing interlayer exchange coupling.
- Current-induced magnetization switching
- Magnetic random access memory
- Perpendicular magnetic anisotropy
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering