Amorphous Bi5Nb3O15B5 N3 film grown at 300°C showed a high-k value of 71 at 100 kHz, and similar k value was observed at 0.5-5.0 GHz. The 80-nm-thick film exhibited a high capacitance density of 7.8 fF/μ2 and a low dissipation factor of 0.95% at 100 kHz with a low leakage-current density of 1.23 nA/cm2 at 1 V. The quadratic and linear voltage coefficient of capacitances of the B5N3 film were 438 ppm/V2 and 456 ppm/V, respectively, with a low temperature coefficient of capacitance of 309 ppm/°C at 100 kHz. These results confirmed the potential of the amorphous B5 N3 film as a good candidate material for a high-performance metal-insulator-metal capacitors.
- Metal-insulator-metal (MIM) capacitor
- Temperature coefficient of capacitance (TTC)
- Voltage coefficient of capacitance (VCC)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering