Buckling was observed in Bi5Nb3O15 (BiNbO) films grown on TiN/SiO2/Si at 300 °C but not in films grown at room temperature and annealed at 350 °C. The 45-nm-thick films showed a high capacitance density and a low dissipation factor of 8.81 fF/μm2 and 0.97% at 100 kHz, respectively, with a low leakage current density of 3.46 nA/cm2 at 2 V. The quadratic and linear voltage coefficients of capacitance of this film were 846 ppm/V2 and 137 ppm/V, respectively, with a low temperature coefficient of capacitance of 226 ppm/°C at 100 kHz. This suggests that a BiNbO film grown on a TiN/ SiO2/Si substrate is a good candidate material for high-performance metal - insulator - metal capacitors.
- Metal - insulator - metal (MIM) capacitor
- Temperature coefficient of capacitance (TCC)
- Voltage coefficient of capacitance (VCC)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials