A 53-year-old male visited our emergency department after ingesting an unknown amount of methyl ethyl ketone peroxide. At presentation, he was hypotensive with reduced conscious level. Despite resuscitation, he died about 6 h after admission. On simple radiography, it was found that the patient had diffused gastric emphysema. We assumed that the unique radiologic findings were derived from the increased upper gastrointestinal tract pressure that occurred during bagvalvemask ventilation with the patient having severely damaged gastric mucosa.
|Number of pages||2|
|Publication status||Published - 2010 Jan|
- MEKP intoxication
- Simple radiography
ASJC Scopus subject areas