The dielectric properties of the amorphous BaSm2Ti4 O12 film with various thicknesses were investigated to evaluate its potential use as a metal-insulator-metal (MIM) capacitor. An amorphous 35-nm-thick BSmT film grown at 300°C exhibited a high capacitance density of 9.9 fF/μm2 at 100 kHz and a low leakage current density of 1.790 at 1 V. The quadratic and linear voltage coefficients of capacitance of the film were 599 ppm/V2 and -81 ppm/V at 100 kHz, respectively. The temperature coefficient of capacitance of the film was also low about 236 ppm/°C at 100 kHz. These results confirmed the suitability of the amorphous BSmT film as a high-performance MIM capacitor.
- Metal-insulator-metal (MIM) capacitor
- Temperature coefficient of capacitance (TCC)
- Voltage coefficient of capacitance (VCC)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering