A wide-aperture ridge waveguide structure was applied to 1.3-μm InGaAsP-InGaAsP multiple-quantum-well laser diodes (LDs) to increase their maximum kink-free output power under single-lateral-mode operations. As a result, a kink-free output power up to 140 mW and an external efficiency of 0.3 W/A were achieved from a single facet of the LD with a 7-μm-wide ridge top and a 1.5-mm-long uncoated cavity.
- Multiple quantum well (MQW)
- Single-mode laser diodes (LDs)
- Wide aperture
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering