This paper provides further validation of the burst pressure estimation equations for multiple axial surface cracked steam generator tubes, recently proposed by the authors based on analytical local collapse load approach against systematic FE damage analysis results of Alloy 690 tubes with twin axial surface cracks. Wide ranges of the relative crack depth and multiple crack configurations are considered. Comparison shows good agreements, giving sufficient confidence of the proposed equations.
- Alloy 690 steam generator tube
- Burst pressure estimation equations
- Finite element damage analysis
- Multiple axial surface cracks
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Nuclear Energy and Engineering