We present a new, sensitive, few mode fiber (FMF) surface plasmon resonance (SPR) biosensor with a sandwich assay for the detection of PSA. The side-polished FMF biosensor does not need a polarizer and a thin high-index overlayer. The optical sensitivity of the SPR sensor was determined as 2.5 × 10-6 RIU. In the SPR PSA sensor, the SPR signals were amplified by a factor of 6 in average over no secondary antibody, using the sandwich assay. The proposed FMF SPR biosensor has great potential for real-time analysis of immune reaction between biomolecules and the advantages of high-sensitivity and label-free detection.
- Optical fiber sensor
- Surface plasmon resonance (SPR)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Physical and Theoretical Chemistry