The present work describes some recent approaches to the syntheses of three classes of locked-North nucleosides: β-D-ribo-, β-D-deoxyribo-, and β-D-dideoxy-ribonucleosides. The method developed for the latter class permitted access to a novel bicyclo[3.1.0]hexene-type nucleosides structurally similar to D4T and carbovir. A structural analysis and biological activities are discussed.
- Bicyclo[3.1.0]hexane and bicyclo[3.1.0]hexene
- Conformationally locked carbocyclic nucleosides
- D4T and carbovir analogues
- Intramolecular cyclopropanation
- Lipase-catalyzed resolution
- Pseudorotational analysis
ASJC Scopus subject areas