We consider a discrete time single server queueing system where the service time of a customer is one slot, and the arrival process is governed by a discrete autoregressive process of order p (DAR(p)). For this queueing system, we investigate the tail behavior of the queue size and the waiting time distributions. Specifically, we show that if the stationary distribution of DAR(p) input has a tail of regular variation with index -β-1, then the stationary distributions of the queue size and the waiting time have tails of regular variation with index -β.
- Discrete autoregressive process
- Discrete time queueing system
- Regular variation
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Computer Science Applications
- Computational Theory and Mathematics
- Management Science and Operations Research