In this letter, a Scalable Transmission Control (STC) scheme is proposed as a new framework of radio resource allocation when Scalable Video Coding (SVC) is used for the Enhanced Multicast & Broadcast Service (E-MBS) in Mobile WiMAX network. We present a marginal utility-based suboptimal solution to the STC problem and demonstrate that the overall system utilities can be significantly improved by the proposed framework for the given system capacity.
- Multicast and broadcast service (MBS)
- scalable video coding (SVC)
- single frequency network (SFN)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Modelling and Simulation
- Computer Science Applications
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering