The current limiting characteristics of the flux-lock type superconducting fault current limiter (SFCL) using series connected two coils with twice triggering operation, which consists of series connected two coils and two superconducting (SC) modules with the inserting resistance, was analyzed. The feature of the suggested SFCL is that it can limit the fault current by triggering either one SC module or two SC modules comprising the SFCL depending on the amplitude of the fault current. To verify the current limiting operation of the suggested SFCL, the short-circuits in the fault location with the different fault currents were tested and its useful operations were described through the analysis on the tested results.
- Amplitude of fault current
- Current limiting characteristics
- Flux-lock type superconducting fault current limiter (SFCL)
- Twice triggering operation
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering