Susceptibility and trailing growth of Candida albicans to fluconazole: Results of a Korean multicentre study

Mi Kyung Lee, Hye Ryoun Kim, Jung Oak Kang, Mi Na Kim, Eui Chong Kim, Jae Seok Kim, Jin Ju Kim, Yeon Joon Park, Wonkeun Song, Jong Hee Shin, Kyu Man Lee, Nam Yong Lee, Miae Lee, Wee Gyo Lee, Chang Kyu Lee, Hee Joo Lee, Chulhun L. Chang, Tae Yeal Choi

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

10 Citations (Scopus)

Abstract

The work reported here is the first nationwide, multicenter surveillance study conducted in Korea to obtain data on fluconazole susceptibility of Candida albicans (C. albicans) isolates. A total of 1137 isolates of C. albicans obtained from 17 university hospitals in South Korea during the 6-month period, July through December 2004, were tested. No resistant strains were observed in any of the isolates. Only five of the 1137 isolates (0.44%) of C. albicans were found to be susceptible dose dependent, with all remaining strains (99.56%) susceptible to fluconazole. Trailing growth at 48 h was found in only four isolates (0.35%).

Original languageEnglish
Pages (from-to)148-149
Number of pages2
JournalMycoses
Volume50
Issue number2
DOIs
Publication statusPublished - 2007 Mar

Keywords

  • Candida albicans
  • Fluconazole
  • Korea
  • Susceptibility
  • Trailing growth

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • Dermatology
  • Infectious Diseases

Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of 'Susceptibility and trailing growth of Candida albicans to fluconazole: Results of a Korean multicentre study'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

  • Cite this

    Lee, M. K., Kim, H. R., Kang, J. O., Kim, M. N., Kim, E. C., Kim, J. S., Kim, J. J., Park, Y. J., Song, W., Shin, J. H., Lee, K. M., Lee, N. Y., Lee, M., Lee, W. G., Lee, C. K., Lee, H. J., Chang, C. L., & Choi, T. Y. (2007). Susceptibility and trailing growth of Candida albicans to fluconazole: Results of a Korean multicentre study. Mycoses, 50(2), 148-149. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0507.2006.01329.x